BPM software is used to define processes, monitor them and report on their efficiency to streamline day-to-day business activities and increase profitability. With that end in view, one of the key tasks of BPM systems is internal processes automation which should ideally lead to effective allocation of company resources, reduction of transaction costs and increase of operations productivity.
Despite BPM systems are most commonly used by business leaders and operations teams, they may be used by any other department too. The following list of the best BPM software will help you choose the solution that fits your business needs best. Each of them provides all necessary tools for adapting workflows and processes of your organization and its structural units to ever-changing customer needs to result in net output increase from interactions with clients.
Bpm’online is a leader of our top 5 ranking with its robust BPM software tools and out-of-box processes that can deliver industry best practices to businesses of any size.
The solution’s BPM platform allows modeling, running and monitoring internal processes of any complexity. Open configuration and multiple customization options of the software suite open up multifarious opportunities for adapting the system to your company-specific needs.
A powerful BPM engine of the solution provides various tools to serve the whole organizational BPM cycle. Having implemented new processes, you can monitor their performance using a huge arsenal of interactive dashboards and advanced reporting and analytics techniques.
With the help of a BPM designer, users can construct process diagrams of any scalability without worrying that they will not be understandable for their end users. Testing and changing of business processes are possible even if they are in operation when transformations are made.
Bpm’online’s users are mostly happy with its intuitive interface and powerful functionality, but with respect to the latter peculiarity of the system, a learning curve is a bit challenging for some of them.
As a BPM system, Promapp has received a great deal of positive feedback from its users on various software review web sites. Indeed, the solution is distinguished by its strong process building tools that enable mid-size and large companies to create, control, change and share business processes regardless of the industry of their application.
The software suite delivers the following functionality:
- Process mapping tools which allow generating comprehensive process diagrams from text documents describing business processes.
- Collaboration tools which enable operations teams to share process elaboration ideas with other members involved in the same project. Each member has a personalized dashboard and can suggest improvements visible for other users in real-time.
- Process improvement tools which help assess processes’ quality and make some changes if necessary.
- Risk management tools which assist in identifying process variations across products and business sectors.
- Process costing tools which serve to define operation costs.
Promapp integrates with EDRMS, SharePoint or an intranet.
As a whole, most of the solution’s users are satisfied with its capabilities. However, some of them reported on some weaknesses of the system’s analytical process evaluation.
Intellect is a powerful cloud-based toolkit that allows creating and managing business processes applications on your own. Construction and deployment of such applications doesn’t require programming knowledge. A new application can be integrated with the existing enterprise systems.
Apart from the application designer, the solution provides the following functionality:
- Processes automation tools;
- Processes performance monitoring tools;
- Task and collaboration management tools;
- Case management tools;
- Compliance management tools;
- Off-line capabilities of the mobile application.
All in all, Intellect has so many configuration options that make some users go through special training, familiarize themselves with tons of the product documentation or attract an IT specialist to end up with implementation.
KiSSFLOW represents a BPM solution designed for implementation of new business processes and workflow automation in organizations of any size and industry. The solution’s out-of-box processes allow supporting day-to-day activities of various departments, including HR and Procurement.
The key functionality of the software includes:
- A wizard for building your business processes in four steps;
- Ready-to-use processes, including such procedures as employee onboarding, travel expenses, vacation requests, purchase requests and payment orders processing;
- Reporting tools to monitor process efficiency and identify bottlenecks in your workflows;
- Integration capabilities with Google Apps and API supporting applications.
The system can also be accessed via mobile devices on the base of Android or iOS.
What KiSSFLOW’s users dislike about the software is its not so comprehensive functionality taking a considerable to work around. Also, some users pointed out the lack of alerts in case of any downtime.
dapulse offers a cloud-based solution developed for project management teams of small and mid-size organizations.
The system’s collaborative environment allows project participants to communicate with each other, share files and take advantage of a knowledge base where the data on previously accomplished projects is stored. Hence all users engaged in the same project can follow up its progress and get insight into its details, such as project tasks, members’ responsibilities, project updates, etc. The solution’s functionality also allows sharing projects’ information with external users (such as freelancers and clients) to the extent defined by project owners.
The software’s integration capabilities allow working with various third-party applications, including email clients, Dropbox, Google Drive, JIRA and others (the system supports API integration). By request, the vendor can customize its software to desired company-specific needs.
The solution’s minuses listed by its users include:
- A bit incongruent user interface;
- The lack of notifications and reminders informing when projects or their tasks are late;
- The lack of some visual reporting features, such as Gantt and PERT charts, which are useful when presenting status reports to line managers.